The 2019 Michigan Busker Fest Auction will take place on Saturday, April 6th Doors Open at 5:00pm - Castle Creek Golf Club.
Why Buy Local?
- For every $1 spend at local business, 68 cents is reinvested locally where as big chain purchases keep 15-43 cents in local community and on-line purchases keep 0 in the community.
- Local shops invest more in communities.
- Shopping locally saves time and money.
- Shopping locally retains area’s uniqueness.
- Local shops value their customers.
- Shopping locally creates jobs. Small, locally owned businesses are the largest employers in the United States.
- Local businesses frequently purchase from other local businesses. Purchasing local goods and services helps grow area businesses as well as the the area's tax base.
- Local business owners donate more to local charities than non-local owners.
- Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the city's future.
- Local businesses often hire people with more specific product or service expertise.
Easy Ways to Support Local Businesses
Whether you are a consumer or a business owner, there are many ways you can actively help the Imlay City region's economy. Participate or volunteer in one of the many activities sponsored by the Imlay City Area Chamber of Commerce and support our Chamber Members. Get to know your business neighbors, purchase goods and services through them and direct potential customers their way.
Event: Art in the Rough
- Date: 09/28/2019
- Time: 6:00PM - 10:00PM
- Location: Downtown Imlay City
Visit downtown to see local artists on display. Tickets $15 pre-purchased and $25 at the door. Tickets include complementary beer and wine tasting. Contact Lorrelei Natke about ticket purchase at (810) 724-2135
Membership Has its Benefits
When you invest in the Imlay City Area Chamber of Commerce, you reap the benefits of employing an office that works and serves successfully for you and the community.
The Imlay City Area Chamber of Commerce processes hundreds of inquiries each year requesting information about various businesses in our community. The Chamber office refers our members first to inquiries and shares up-to-date information about our members and their services to potential customers.
There are a variety of networking events sponsored by the Imlay City Area Chamber of Commerce. Each allows members to connect with fellow members, share ideas and expand networks. The Chamber sponsors a variety of events throughout the year that promote our members, region and Imlay City.
Our Chamber website not only lists our members but offers members the opportunity to create a "mini" webpage within our site. This service is free and very easy to use. For examples of this service please visit our business directory by clicking here.
There are many cost saving programs that you and your employees may participate in as a Chamber member. Please click here for the economic benefits of Chamber membership.
The Chamber is dedicated to helping members expand their business while encouraging new businesses to locate in Imlay City. For more information on how the Chamber is involved in the economic development of the region, please visit the "Economics" webpage found on this site.
Please contact the Chamber office at (810)724-1361 for more information on the benefits of Chamber membership. A membership form can be found by downloading the information found below.
The Chamber is a member of the award-winning Imlay City SEED Group, a team of individuals dedicated to bringing new businesses into Imlay City while helping established businesses grow and prosper. The Chamber works to attract new businesses to the community bringing new jobs, residents and potential customers. Please click here for information regarding the Chamber's participation in the economic development of the Imlay City region.
The Imlay City Area Chamber of Commerce not only hosts networking events but also sponsors the annual Michigan Busker Fest, entering its 2nd year in 2019. Over 1,550 people attend the Chamber’s annual Merchant Trick or Treat, Imlay City Chamber Gala and Imlay City’s Winter Playground. These promotions help to bring thousands of visitors and local communities to our businesses and are economically beneficial to our members.
As a member of the Imlay City Area Chamber of Commerce, your business is automatically listed in our online business directory and the Community Guide. As a benefit of membership, your business has the opportunity to expand your business listing by adding additional business information, coupons, etc. The Chamber's website averages over 1,000 new visitors a month... all looking to do business locally!
The Chamber office also refers its members on a daily basis to those who call looking to do business in the Imlay City region.
The Chamber offers free and discounted programs to help you promote and grow your business:
The Chamber promotes our members first and recommends our members to hundreds of inquiries a year
- New and renewing members listed on Chamber website (month of renewal), Facebook page
- Cooperative Advertisement Opportunities
- Affordable sponsorships
- Free ribbon cutting ceremony for new businesses or grand re-openings
- Access to the Chamber’s Facebook community
- Access to member contact information
- Promotion of your events on the Chamber’s website calendar and through emails to membership
- Placement of business cards and brochures in the lobby of the City and Chamber offices
Instant Recognition and Credibility
Members of the Imlay City Area Chamber of Commerce enjoy economic, promotional and networking benefits that help businesses prosper. With membership to the Chamber comes instant recognition and credibility.
Did You Know…
- Consumers are 63% more likely to buy from a Chamber member than a nonmember
- 95% of the “Best Places to Work in America” are Chamber members
- Most consumers (59%) think being an active Chamber member is an effective business strategy
- If a company is highly involved with a Chamber, consumers are 12% more likely to believe that company’s products stack up better than the competition
- When consumers know a restaurant is a Chamber member, they are 40% more likely to eat there in the next few months
- When consumers know an insurance company is a Chamber member, they are 43% more likely to buy their insurance
- Consumers are 44% more likely to think positively of a small business that is a Chamber member; 63% would be more likely to purchase goods and services from that business in the future