Come out and celebrate the Imlay City Chamber Summer Fest! More information to follow.
- Outhouses can only be human powered. No electric, gas or solar power.
- Outhouses must have 4 walls, roof, doorway and a seat with at least one hole. It may have a door, but the door must remain securely open during the race.
- Outhouse must be a minimum of 9 square feet at the base and a maximum overall width not to exceed 6 feet including grasping or pushing devices. A minimum height of 5 feet from the floor to the highest point of the roof.
- Any number and size of wheels can be used
- Any device for pushing or pulling the Outhouse may be used except ropes. All pushing or pulling devices must be secured solid
- Outhouses may be built from any material but glass and must be structurally sound
- Each entry must have an Outhouse name that is to be displayed on each side of the structure
Outhouse Racing is a fun and hilarious race event where teams of four to five members create their own outhouses and race them down Main Street in Imlay City. An outhouse is a small, enclosed structure that has one or two holes in a seat inside the structure. The outhouses made for the race are man-powered with a team of 5. 1 person to ride in the outhouse and 4 pushing or pulling the outhouse. The person riding is not allowed to help in any way in the motion of the outhouse. The rider must also wear a helmet. These are encouraged to be decorated and the only requirement with that is it has to be Kid friendly and no vulgar or offensive language.
Entry Fee : $5
The Prizes for this event are a trophy for 1rst, 2nd and 3rd as well as most creative.
Contact the Chamber Director for more information.
If you would like to be a non-food vendor, please download and mail the following form:
Please make check or money order payable to: Imlay City Chamber of Commerce
Mail applications with payment to:
593 N. Cedar Street
Imlay City, MI 48444
|Event End Date||08-13-2022|
|Location||Downtown Imlay City|